nafex - [NAFEX] Conversion Issue

  • From: Thomas Olenio <tolenio@sentex.net>
  • To: North American Fruit Explorers <nafex@lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: [NAFEX] Conversion Issue
  • Date: Mon, 03 Mar 2003 15:42:13 -0500

Hi,

The problem seems to be abating as you can charge a membership to NAFEX
through a third party.

However, without that ability it is much more costly than $15 US ($24 CDN),
plus bank fees to
maintain a U.S. funds banking account ($12 minimum, plus transaction fees).
If you use the NAFEX
library there are payment issues there too (currency conversion) so it is not
that simple.

The only issue now is to alert Canadian members that a lot of money can be
saved by charging
their membership through the third party. You will still have to pay a bank
for the billing
conversion, but that will be minimal.

I do not know how long the third party has been doing this charge for NAFEX,
but I was never made
aware of it. Otherwise, I would be a member now.

Later,
Tom

--

===