nafex - [NAFEX] Pomona in PDF

  • From: W3cmp@aol.com
  • To: nafex@lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: [NAFEX] Pomona in PDF
  • Date: Sun, 2 Mar 2003 10:32:21 EST

Hello again:
At the risk of sounding all of my 50 years of age, I would like to say
that I prefer to receive Pomona in paper format. I can't fathom the idea of
taking a laptop to the bathroom with me, nor do I want to drag a laptop to
the kids' sporting events where the pregame warm-ups and half-time breaks
seem to go on forever. Besides, my eyes don't hurt nearly as much from
reading print as they do after a long session on the box.
Computers are great, but I've never had a virus attack a paper magazine,
snatch my address book, nor make me write down the multiple passwords I'm
supposed to keep in my head for all of the "members only" sites.
I suppose as I drift towards obsolescence (hopefully more slowly than
this computer), print media will diminish; hopefully, it will not disappear.
Chris Patterson