nafex - Re: [NAFEX] What is: Ya Pears?

  • From: list@ginda.us
  • To: nafex@lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [NAFEX] What is: Ya Pears?
  • Date: Wed, 12 Feb 2003 21:37:24 -0500

On Wednesday, February 12, 2003, at 04:40 PM, charles paradise wrote:

3] Are Asian pears grown as far north as Massachusetts? Do you feel they are less/as much
as/more worth growing than european type pears?

It may depend on what you consider "Massachusetts", but my aunt grows Asian pears with little trouble (climate or pest) on Martha's Vinyard. I think they are bland and dull, but my cousin points out that they are sweet and juicy, with good texture, and can be a nice addition to fruit salad.

Ginda