nafex - [NAFEX] Weather Stations/Locations

  • From: paul simon <paul.simon@tcs.wap.org>
  • To: nafex@lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: [NAFEX] Weather Stations/Locations
  • Date: Mon, 3 Feb 2003 11:11:20 -0500

Joe,

Check out this weather reporting site. It may be a bit closer to you than Lansing. It gives the atmospheric conditions once a hour, looking behind you.

http://www.wunderground.com/weatherstation/WXDailyHistory.asp?ID=KMICHARL2

There is one reporting station 4 miles west of me that records every quarter hour, and another six miles east (http://www.wunderground.com/weatherstation/WXDailyHistory.asp?ID=KMDLAURE1) that records 12 times an hour. I can tell when the temperature dropped, and for how long. I hope to run a study on degree days, and humidity levels, to help my spray program this spring.

There are 14 to 16 of these recording sites in Central Maryland, which makes it nice to see where the hot spot was, or where the wind blew the hardest!

Paul S. twix balto un dc