nafex - [NAFEX] sea buckthorn

  • From: Bob and Winnie <natvwine@cut.net>
  • To: nafex list post <nafex@lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: [NAFEX] sea buckthorn
  • Date: Tue, 10 Sep 2002 11:52:34 -0600

The recent talk about sea buckthorn have made me want to post my
observations about my patch that is now 8 years old. Bought as seedlings
from bear creek I planted them in a row that passed through an area that
used to have a barn and alot of horses (and horse poop) around it.
The interesting thing to me is that at the ends of the row where the
soil is quite poor and N deficient the bushes are big (12 ft) and
healthy. In the middle of the row where the soil is much richer in N and
tilth the bushes have suffered ever since they were planted; stunted and
suffering from tip dieback.

bob Z4, utah