nafex - Re: [NAFEX] Sea buckthorn

  • From: "Mark Garrison" <pawpaw1@cox.net>
  • To: <nafex@lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [NAFEX] Sea buckthorn
  • Date: Thu, 5 Sep 2002 09:18:39 -0400

mIEKAL wrote:

> Mark: How many years from seedlings to fruiting? Mine are 2 years old
> & just now starting grow. They seem like they're begging for some
> inputs, not sure if some well rotted manure is what they want. Are you
> growing selected varieties? Ive got about 10 of em or so & Im hoping I
> have a good mix of male & female.

I bought plants, Leikora variety plus one male, this is their third year.
Actually one female is much older; I originally planted it and a male in a
hot dry place as recommended but the male died and the female barely barely
survived; transplanted her and new plants to more normal place with
adequate moisture, and they all thrived. No fertilizer or other inputs.
They are vigorous spreaders, probably invasive.

Mark, RI zone 6