nafex - Re: [NAFEX] beach plums

  • From: mIEKAL aND <dtv@mwt.net>
  • To: nafex@lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [NAFEX] beach plums
  • Date: Wed, 04 Sep 2002 21:42:26 -0500

My partner is Romanian & she showed me a way that her father make
tzica. In place of the traditional plums we used Korean Bush Cherries
(which also are large pitted) I but several pounds of whole cherries,
pit & all into my primary (gallon cider jars). poured an equal amount
of sugar on top of the cherries. no other water or fluid. put the air
lock on the jar & put it in ta southern window. it was fascinating to
watch as the 2 substances turned into a syrupy liquid which was active
in some way. lotsa bubbles coming out, not sure if it was fermenation
as such since there is little or no yeast. after about a month of that
her father would have added grain alcohol to the mixture, we added cheap
vodka. Seems like weve made a high octane cordial. Yr all welcome to
come by for a taste.

mIEKAL

Im thinking one could do the same with beach plums.