nafex - Re: [NAFEX] Re: Ginko trees fading

  • From: Sam Franc <franc@oregonfast.net>
  • To: nafex@lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [NAFEX] Re: Ginko trees fading
  • Date: Mon, 17 Jun 2002 15:03:48 -0700

Lon J. Rombough wrote:

SAM, FWIW, there is a very large female tree at the capitol in Salem, since
you are in Oregon. It produces quantities of fruit every year (phew, does
it ever). You have to be quick now, though, as the Asians have discovered
it and they collect the fruit for the seeds, which they eat. You could get
scions from it and graft them to some of your trees.
-Lon Rombough

Thanks, Ron.
If I am up that way this fall I will look for it.
Do you have any idea when it is ripe in Salem?
In Walnut Creek, CA it falls from the trees in December.
Sam