nafex - RE: [NAFEX] Apples - Vigorous Sprouts

  • From: Thomas Olenio <tolenio@sentex.net>
  • To: "'nafex@lists.ibiblio.org'" <nafex@lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: RE: [NAFEX] Apples - Vigorous Sprouts
  • Date: Fri, 7 Jun 2002 12:42:46 -0400 (EDT)

Hi,

I weighted (acutally tied) the branches as per a University web page
graphic.

I will try to convert them to being fruiting spurs come mid-August, by
taking the advice offered and trimming them off.

I did get some off line advice on the trimming. In mid-August trim it
off to the 3rd set of leaves, then wait for further trimming in late
winter to see if any fruiting spurs developed.

Later,
Tom
--
Southwest Ontario