nafex - RE: [NAFEX] Apples - Vigorous Sprouts

  • From: "Raby, Brian {D204~Indianapolis}" <BRIAN.RABY@ROCHE.COM>
  • To: "'nafex@lists.ibiblio.org'" <nafex@lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: RE: [NAFEX] Apples - Vigorous Sprouts
  • Date: Fri, 07 Jun 2002 11:36:56 -0400

Title: RE: [NAFEX] Apples - Vigorous Sprouts

One thing came to mind that was not mentioned.  I wonder if the reason you have such vigorous sprouts is because your lead branches are bent at such a wide angle. I remember reading where if you bend you branches too horizontally, you promote side branches to grow straight up instead of at an angle where the growth rate is slower.  Book I need for this is at home so I can't verify the correct angle to spread branches.

Brian
Sheridan, IN