nafex - Re: [NAFEX] Grape Pruning

  • From: "Lon J. Rombough" <lonrom@hevanet.com>
  • To: <nafex@lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [NAFEX] Grape Pruning
  • Date: Wed, 26 Jun 2002 13:06:28 -0700

Personally, I avoid summer pruning. For one thing, when you cut a shoot, it
is stimulated to try to grow again, which may keep it growing later in the
season when it should be hardening off. For another, once growth matures,
it's all makiing food to help harden the shoots and ripen the fruit.
At risk of sounding like a broken record, I'll have all this in my book, due
out in Sept. If you can't wait, go to www.grapeseek.com and join some of
the lists there.
-Lon Rombough
Grapes, writing, consulting, more, plus word on my grape book at
http://www.bunchgrapes.com