nafex - RE: [nafex] Chat Line

  • From: "Gianni's mail" <GIANNI-2@prodigy.net>
  • To: <nafex@yahoogroups.com>
  • Subject: RE: [nafex] Chat Line
  • Date: Mon, 22 Apr 2002 09:26:28 -0400

Ethan and others:
I am also very happy with Greg's work. As I said, my gripe is with
Yahoo and the fact that I have no control over my membership in any groups
on Yahoo any more. Quite a few people have indicated having a similar
problem. Couple that with the fact that Yahoo has apparently re-set all list
memberships to receive spam, unless the member goes in and changes the
settings back (which isn't possible if you can't get in). More importantly,
I've heard more than one comment that Yahoo is in trouble and could fold,
which would take the lists and their archives with them.
Larry London has offered to start new list that would have no spam and
is hosted by a university, which would make it pretty secure in several
ways. There would be no cost, either. He is already setting up new lists
for me to replace some I own on Topica, and I hope to see those going in
another day.
The point is, it would be possible to switch with no cost, virtually no
interruption of service, no more spam, and accessibility to the list would
be restored for all members. Doesn't seem like there should be any problem
with it. Larry is all ready to do the job for us, if we just say the word.
-Lon Rombough

Lon & all...

Yahoo has a wallet they use VIA their other ventures and consolidates all
your information through this process, had I not been a Yahooer yrs before
the NAFEX-(onelist-egroups) I would have had to have set up an account with
Yahoo specifically to peruse the NAFEX list as Lon did or tried to do.
I think a determined pursuit within the confines of Yahoo's obstacle course
to correct your contact information may be achieved, Lon.
Unfortunately Lon & others you may have to completely delete all your cookies
(Cookies, Not from your options panel within your browser or mail program
but directly from windows within Explorer) and then enter Yahoo through their
"main web page", not VIA the NAFEX group and then open a new account and
then add Nafex/Yahoo/eGroups & this may rectify your log on/in probs....
I strip the banners from my mail by choosing text only in what I receive from
Yahoo and you can choose this option from your main Yahoo home page
@ Yahoo.
Check, not to receive HTML.... This will stop banner ads from appearing in
your e-mails...
I think Greg may want to set up a poll at the main page and we can all vote
one way or the other to jump ship, stay or abstain.... And democratically
find an answer for this current query.
Our Yahoo/Nafex page allows for polls and a link can be created to accompany
any inbound mail to NAFEX & this link can be clicked to go directly to the
poll....

I will follow all of you wherever you may choose to go or stay....

Peaches in bloom about to freeze, but I sprayed them with Sea Kelp to build
tissue & afford some cold protection with the oncoming cold snap expected.
(Have used this method before and it does work, but you need at least 8 hrs
for the tissue/s to absorb and then offer it's benefits...)
Best to all,
~Gianni
S. NH Z-5/6

Buy Stock for $4