nafex - Re: [nafex] Go with University

  • From: Horticulture Ventures <hortventures@cox.net>
  • To: nafex@yahoogroups.com
  • Subject: Re: [nafex] Go with University
  • Date: Sat, 20 Apr 2002 09:00:51 -0700

I vote to associate the list with a university, especially since someone
has offered to establish the list.

The list's maintenance can be controlled by a committee to insure its
continuance if someone is ill, dies, or is otherwise unable to perform
the tasks required.

Claude Sweet
San Diego, CA

Dr. Ethan Natelson wrote:

> Dear Group,
>
> Greg Miller has just sent out a very thoughtful and detailed
> discussion
> which outlines the concerns many of us have with changing the sponsorship
> and oversite of the chat line. In discussions among the Nafex Board
> members, we have found that most are quite satisfied with the present
> arrangement (with the major exception of Lon), and several are not
> subscribers (their loss). I think spam would be an annoying problem with
> any list sponsor we might choose. I really have not seen anything that
> would suggest a major reason for change, at this juncture. I am also not
> clear that the silent majority of the 250 plus subscribers really want a
> change. David Ulmer, the Nafex webmaster, has plans to update and improve
> the Nafex website which will be discussed at our next Board meeting in
> Minnesota in September. It may well be that at some time in the
> future, this
> chat line could be rolled into the Nafex website. Thus, in speaking
> for the
> Board, I would thank Greg for his patience and the outstanding job he has
> done in organizing and continuing to manage the list and hope that he will
> continue to do so.

Buy Stock for $4
and no minimums.
FREE Money 2002.