nafex - Re: [nafex] Time for a new host

  • From: mIEKAL aND <dtv@mwt.net>
  • To: nafex@yahoogroups.com
  • Subject: Re: [nafex] Time for a new host
  • Date: Wed, 10 Apr 2002 07:45:05 -0500

People should check it Larry's setup, he graciously hosts a lot of
interesting lists. This has nothing to do with a free email group...
he is a permaculture activist who has put a tremendous effort into
networking everything to do with sustainability & the plant world. The
archives are all searchable on the net & there is no affiliate with any
company.

I do agree with tom that nafex running its own mail server is not a big
deal, if there is someone who is dedicated to doing the technical
maintenence. The reason I suggested Larry is that he does all of his
own maintenence & is fairly obsessive about keeping things running
smoothly.

mIEKAL

Thomas Olenio wrote:

> On Tue, 9 Apr 2002, mIEKAL aND wrote:
>
> > I'm ccing Larry on this so hopefully he's
> > interested in helping us out. mIEKAL
>
> Hi,
>
> We are acting like a bunch of pauper's, sitting on the curb looking
> for a
> free email group, complaining about all the junk that goes with free
> email groups, at the same time having resouces to solve this problem
> ourselves.
>
> Every free commercial egroup is going to send you obnoxious ads, it is
> how
> they make money. The companies will also come and go like the seasons
>
> creating continual problems. We don't even own the archives, and
> don't
> hold your breath waiting for them to move the archives to Topica or
> anywhere else.
>
> If we cannot stand the smell in the back of the bus any longer, it is
> time we get our own car.
>
> Later,
> Tom
>

> Yahoo! Groups Sponsor
[Click Here!]

> 4) Include only pertinent comments/questions when replying to a
> posting and NOT the entire message (especially if the initial posting
> was large).

Buy Stock for $4
and no minimums.
FREE Money 2002.