nafex - Re: [nafex] salmonberry

  • From: "Lon J. Rombough" <lonrom@hevanet.com>
  • To: nafex@yahoogroups.com
  • Subject: Re: [nafex] salmonberry
  • Date: Mon, 25 Mar 2002 08:29:36 -0800

Here's an interesting case of confusion on common names. Salmonberry in
Scandanavia, and northern parts of America, is Rubus chamaemorus. Here in
Oregon, it's another species (can't think if it's R. spectabilis or
something else). The one here is a tall, thorny shrub, while the northern
one is a low growing mat.
----------
>From: boyd manges <bmanges@yahoo.com>
>To: nafex@yahoogroups.com
>Subject: Re: [nafex] salmonberry
>Date: Mon, Mar 25, 2002, 6:04 AM
>

>Salmonberries are one of the two national fruits of
>Newfoundland where they are called "Bake apples" they
>have a honeyed taste which is certainly not tart, but
>distinct and tastey. They are also very popular in
>Scandinavia...I prefer rasp berries or tnimbleberries,
>but bake apples are good for ethnic cooking!

>Yahoo! Movies - coverage of the 74th Academy AwardsÆ
>http://movies.yahoo.com/

>4) Include only pertinent comments/questions when replying to a posting and
>NOT the entire message (especially if the initial posting was large).

Buy Stock for $4.
No Minimums.
FREE Money 2002.
http://us.click.yahoo.com/BgmYkB/VovDAA/ySSFAA/VAOolB/TM