nafex - Re: [nafex] Potted Apple/Quince Trees?

  • From: "Gordon Nofs" <gc_nofs@hotmail.com>
  • To: nafex@yahoogroups.com
  • Subject: Re: [nafex] Potted Apple/Quince Trees?
  • Date: Thu, 25 Oct 2001 18:37:11 -0400

Tom
I am in zone 5 and I do the same as Lucky, Pots above ground, in a circle
starting in the middle. I put up a 18 inch high chicken wire a little bigger
so that I can stuff leaves down around and in between followed by couple
inch layer to top it off. But the plants stick up. This year i have a 2 year
old chip pile. I shoveled out a flat spot, moved all potted plants into it
and hilled around and some on top. I put protective tubes over the stock to
keep away from rabbits mostly.

Gordon C. Nofs
Flint, Michigan
gc_nofs@hotmail.com