nafex - Re: [nafex] Re: Apple Pie Apple Sauce

  • From: "Lon J. Rombough" <lonrom@hevanet.com>
  • To: nafex@yahoogroups.com
  • Subject: Re: [nafex] Re: Apple Pie Apple Sauce
  • Date: Thu, 25 Oct 2001 18:56:44 -0700

The Bramley I have is green, with only a bit of red showing if you leave on
the tree a long time. It's a BIG apple, tart, quite juicy. When dead ripe,
they aren't bad for fresh eating, if you like a tart apple. I've eaten
Bramley in England and my Bramley looks just like what I had there.
Sounds like you have a mislabled tree.
-Lon Rombough
----------
>From: "Mark Garrison" <pawpaw1@home.com>
>To: <nafex@yahoogroups.com>
>Subject: Re: [nafex] Re: Apple Pie Apple Sauce
>Date: Thu, Oct 25, 2001, 4:52 PM
>

>Hmm, I wonder if my apple is not Bramley's. Never having seen one before I
>am relying on the nursery's (Classical Fruits) label. Mine is a large, red,
>round, rough-skinned fruit. Its taste fresh is awful--tough, dry,
>astringent. Bramleys is supposedly good for hard cider.

Monitoring Service trial
http://us.click.yahoo.com/Gi0tnD/bQ8CAA/ySSFAA/VAOolB/TM