nafex - Re: [nafex] rootstocks

  • From: "Lon J. Rombough" <lonrom@hevanet.com>
  • To: nafex@yahoogroups.com
  • Subject: Re: [nafex] rootstocks
  • Date: Tue, 16 Oct 2001 13:49:10 -0700

Amy:
You didn't say where you are located, but here in Oregon, the Home
Orchard Society has a spring scion exchange and they sell rootstocks,
including some of the Gisela series. Several of the regional groups like
MidFex and others have similar meetings, I understand, and if you can attend
one, you could probably pick up what you need there.
-Lon Rombough
Grapes, writing, consulting, more, plus word on my grape book at
http://www.bunchgrapes.com

----------
>From: hayner9@cs.com
>To: nafex@yahoogroups.com
>Subject: [nafex] rootstocks
>Date: Tue, Oct 16, 2001, 1:38 PM
>

>Hi!
>I'm new to this online group (heck, I'm new to online ANYTHING) but I have a
>few questions.
>Is this thought of as sort of an extension of POMONA?
>Does anyone have any idea where I can get a small amount of dwarfing cherry
>rootstocks? I have in mind the Gisela series? I could split an order with
>someone- the only places I've seen to order it only have it im HUGE
>quantities.
>Also, how about standard peach rootstocks?
>I have planted out a few of the prunus fruticosa - would they be ok to graft
>onto?
>They don't look like they're doing real well- it will be a couple of years
>at
>this rate before I can graft. Has anyone had any experience with them?
>I am mainly looking for stuff to order for the spring- I doubt that I could
>find anything now; even tho it is the best time of the year to plant here in
>z7.
>
>Thanks!
>Amy Hayner

>4) Include only pertinent comments/questions when replying to a posting and
>NOT the entire message (especially if the initial posting was large).

FREE COLLEGE MONEY
CLICK HERE to search
600,000 scholarships!
http://us.click.yahoo.com/Pv4pGD/4m7CAA/ySSFAA/VAOolB/TM