nafex - Re: [nafex] Jelly Cone

  • From: "Ward Barnes" <ward_p_barnes@hotmail.com>
  • To: nafex@yahoogroups.com
  • Subject: Re: [nafex] Jelly Cone
  • Date: Sun, 22 Jul 2001 21:03:12

Don: What you describe as a jelly cone was used by my mother in North
Florida to make mashed potatoes with. Peal and boil the potatoes until soft
and then place in the cone and rotate the wooden pestle and the potatoes
will come out lump free and smooth as a babies behind. I had not thought to
use it in jelly making. I will give it a try as it sounds better then the
meat grinder I have been using to crush grapes. The meat grinder works well
except that you have to stop every few minutes to clean out the grape seeds
that clog the unit.

Ward Barnes
Wake, VA