nafex - Re: [nafex] growing tropicals in not so tropical places

  • From: hector black <hblack@TWLakes.Net>
  • To: nafex@yahoogroups.com
  • Subject: Re: [nafex] growing tropicals in not so tropical places
  • Date: Sun, 22 Jul 2001 07:10:21 -0700

Hello Scott,
I've been messing with citrus and guava for some time now. All in pots -
outdoors in summer and into an unheated sunroom in winter. Calamondin,
Meyer lemon, ponderosa lemon, Hirado Buntan grapefruit, and several others
all bear fruit. Florida need not worry about us putting them out of
business, but the fruit is delicious. They're all budded to either Flying
Dragon or regular Trifoliate orange to keep them small. The temp in winter
gets about 32 or so, perhaps a little lower. Had a good crop of regular
Guava from a seedling. (Not pineapple guava). Citrange is another that
stays small and bears well. Maybe it's a Citrangequat because the fruit is
small. Hector Black zone 6 middle TN