nafex - Re: [nafex] Ed, Ozzie, Joe, Tom please read Re: What is going on with this tree????

  • From: Ed & Pat Fackler <rocmdw@aye.net>
  • To: nafex@yahoogroups.com
  • Subject: Re: [nafex] Ed, Ozzie, Joe, Tom please read Re: What is going on with this tree????
  • Date: Tue, 19 Jun 2001 19:17:58 -0400

Kev:

For reasons unknown, I can't view the photos you refer to.

However, if this tree is of bearing age, I'd not prune it at all.
Reason. Additional pruning will stimulate new growth and given the potential
for subsequent FB infection which thrives on new growth, you are only asking
for additional damage.
The late Paul Steiner (my good friend) of U-MD wrote the book on FB,
developed the predicting system known as Maryblyt, etc. and this is his
strong recommendation. Or leave the damaged tissue until late winter, then
prune it out.

ed