nafex - Re: [nafex] What is going on wiht htis tree????

  • From: "Margie Luffman" <luffmanm@EM.AGR.CA>
  • To: fuwafuwausagi@usa.net, nafex@yahoogroups.com
  • Subject: Re: [nafex] What is going on wiht htis tree????
  • Date: Tue, 19 Jun 2001 08:37:29 -0400

Hi Kevin. I did not see the photos, but it sounds like fire blight. That is
not good news. Check out this website:

http://www.caf.wvu.edu/kearneysville/disease_descriptions/omblight.html

Margie

Margie Luffman
Curator, Canadian Clonal Genebank Program
Agriculture & Agri-Food Canada
Greenhouse and Processing Crops Research Centre
2585 County Road 20
Harrow, Ontario
N0R 1G0

Phone: 519-738-2251 ext. 474
Fax: 519-738-2929
E-mail: luffmanm@em.agr.ca

>>> <fuwafuwausagi@usa.net> 06/19 12:46 am >>>
Gang:

Help!!!!

My favorite pear tree is under attack. I have been training a row of
pear trees as double u espaliers. Suddenly one of them looks like
it is at death's door. The branches have turned dark brown and black,
the leaves are dry and brittle, some of the stems are limp...it looks
like it was blasted by a flame thrower.

I placed some photos under the nafex list's file section. Kindly
take a look and offer an educated opinion.

Curious,

Kevin, currently a sad rabbit