nafex - Re: [nafex] Re: nanking cherries

  • From: Sam Franc <franc@oregonfast.net>
  • To: nafex@yahoogroups.com
  • Subject: Re: [nafex] Re: nanking cherries
  • Date: Wed, 09 May 2001 10:58:13 -0700

edforest55@hotmail.com wrote:

> Robert,
> You have plenty of time to harvest them, they seem to hang on for a
> couple weeks or more after they are pie ripe. As they stay on they
> get sweeter and more flavorful and less sour.
> Kevin B
>

> > I have a number of Nankings myself. Mine seems to be ripeninf

When we lived in the CA Bay Area, I tried these varioes types of
"Cherries" A lot of them are Prunus.
I found that for the crop involved it was not worth the effort of
keeping them under control.
They were all to rampant in that climate anyway.
They suckered all over the place and grew very fast.
A reguler Cherry or plum was much perferred by our family.
Elephant Heart Plum was our favorite there.
Here the tree grows very well but pollination is a problem.
They seem to blossom too early for the bees and of course the rain does
not help.
Sam

Clubmom is the first free organization dedicated to rewarding and celebrating
Moms! Join today - it's free - and get a free year-long subscription
for Parents magazine - just for being a Mom!
http://us.click.yahoo.com/BVVVCC/YKfCAA/OZ8EAA/VTJVlB/TM