nafex - [nafex] Re: nanking cherries

  • From: "Robert H." <lostman_amiga@yahoo.com>
  • To: nafex@yahoogroups.com
  • Subject: [nafex] Re: nanking cherries
  • Date: Wed, 09 May 2001 11:52:19 -0000

--- In nafex@y..., "del stubbs" <pinewoodel@h...> wrote:

> last summer we got 6 cherries off our nanking,----the ones the
robins did'nt
> get when they were barely visible little green bee-bees. The 6 made
us want
> more, since anything vagely like a cherry in Z2/3 is great. We'll be
netting
> them just after petal fall. Have planted 'joy' and 'bali' just this
year,
> Mn. Del

I have a number of Nankings myself. Mine seems to be ripeninf right
now. Yes, the birds have discovered mine too. All I got left is one
bush that I wrapped with window screening at the last minute. The
trouble is I don't know how to tell when they are ripe??

They are now (almost) fully red and the fuzzy skin is now shiny.

do I wait till they fall off or what??

Clubmom is the first free organization dedicated to rewarding and celebrating
Moms! Join today - it's free - and get a free year-long subscription
for Parents magazine - just for being a Mom!
http://us.click.yahoo.com/BVVVCC/YKfCAA/OZ8EAA/VTJVlB/TM