nafex - Re: [nafex] Persimmons & Pawpaws in zone 4?

  • From: "Gordon Nofs" <gc_nofs@hotmail.com>
  • To: nafex@yahoogroups.com
  • Subject: Re: [nafex] Persimmons & Pawpaws in zone 4?
  • Date: Thu, 22 Mar 2001 15:26:30 -0500

Hi
Last year here in Michigan we had coolest summer nights I have seen in
some 50 years. This not only was bad for tomatoes, but the pawpaws a lot of
varieties did not really ripen to give there usual good taste. I threw a 5
gallon bucket full away. This I found had happened to all the people I know
that had pawpaws. They were of good size. But I could'nt eat them. The ones
that were ripening at there regular time were very good. So there obviously
are different ripening periods or something. So that would mean that some
varieties may do better in cooler zone areas.
Gordon