nafex - RE:[nafex] WPBR

  • From: Tom Olenio <tolenio@sentex.net>
  • To: nafex@yahoogroups.com
  • Subject: RE:[nafex] WPBR
  • Date: Mon, 05 Feb 2001 07:51:02 -0500

eGroups is now Yahoo! Groups
Click here for more details
http://click.egroups.com/1/11231/0/_/423498/_/981377236/

--- Begin Message ---
  • From: Tom Olenio <tolenio@sentex.net>
  • To: pinewoodel@hotmail.com
  • Date: Mon, 05 Feb 2001 07:49:21 -0500
Hello,

I believe you will find there are members of the ribe family that are immune
WPBR. I'd bet there are even gooseberries varieties that are now immune to
it as
well.

I have also read articles that indicate ribes were painted with too black a
bruxh
when it came to WPBR, and experts opinions are softening in their belief that
ribes are that important in the spread of WPBR.

Here is the clonal genebank's top ten ribes; (they may send you cuttings you
can
root, ribes root very easily).

http://www.ars-grin.gov/ars/PacWest/Corvallis/ncgr/cool/top.ribes.html

Regards,