nafex - [nafex] Re: Yahoo terms of serive

  • From: mauch1@aol.com
  • To: nafex@yahoogroups.com
  • Subject: [nafex] Re: Yahoo terms of serive
  • Date: Tue, 30 Jan 2001 18:37:06 -0000

Yes, Yahoo has taken over Egroups, just as Egroups took over OneList.

The take over by Yahoo has been more annoying than the prior takeover
by Egroups, becaue if (and only if) you wanted to use the web
interface, it requires you to get a new yahoo ID (rather than
continue to use your email address as your ID as Egroups did). If
you're only using the email interface, nothing has changed.

But though it took me a few tries to figure out that my old ID would
not work asis, the registration for the new ID wasn't all that
difficult.

If you don't like the Yahoo questions, and find them intrusive, (and
if Yahoo requires answers) do what many people do on the web in this
situation and use disinformation (i.e. lie).

Chris Mauchline
SE PA, zone 6

--- In nafex@y..., PermacultureNo1@a... wrote:
> Due to the takeover of e-groups by Yahoo and the (apparent)
erosioin of
> NAFEX control of terms of service and our discussion, I have
decided to
> (attempt to) unsubscribe.
>
> If that fails, I guess I'll have to cancel this email account.
>
> DH

eGroups is now Yahoo! Groups
Click here for more details
http://click.egroups.com/1/11231/0/_/423498/_/980880861/