nafex - [nafex] Re: Yahoo terms of serive

  • From: mauch1@aol.com
  • To: nafex@yahoogroups.com
  • Subject: [nafex] Re: Yahoo terms of serive
  • Date: Wed, 31 Jan 2001 14:43:59 -0000

Tom,
I have issues/questions with moving NAFEX to its own listserv:

1) Would our own listserv have a Web interface for reading
messages? - Currently (although I still have a digest sent to my
email) I read the messages for NAFEX on the Web almost exclusively.

2) How would we get/transfer the archive, (which has now become a
useful resource)?

Personal:
I participate in other groups on Yahoo Groups, which means I
would have go to two different places to get all my messages (I would
find this somewhat annoying.)

Thanks,
Chris Mauchline
SE PA, zone 6

--- In nafex@y..., Thomas Olenio <tolenio@s...> wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I mentioned this once before, and I will again at this time.
>
> There is no reason that I know of why the NAFEX egroup could not be
run
> directly from the WWW.NAFEX.ORG server.
>
> There is FREE egroup software (majordomo, cgi and perl scripts) all
over
> the web, we already maintain the NAFEX web page and domain name,
and an
> egroup with archives could be set up in very short order.
>
> Once in place however, there are those that would argue terms of
service
> for another decade and still not agree.
>
> So there are options, just no concensus. But then if NAFEX
controlled
> their own egroup, on their own site, the NAFEX board of directors
could
> set the terms, and you either join or take a hike.
>
> Plenty of options out there. Just need cooperation and inspiration.
>
> Possibly the NAFEX web master, and the NAFEX egroup moderator could
> address the possibility of such a NAFEX controlled egroup. We are
already
> nine tenths of the way there.
>
> Regards,
> Tom
>
> --
> Thomas Olenio
> Ontario, Hardiness Zone 6a
>
> On Mon, 29 Jan 2001, Fluffy Bunny wrote:
>
> > Dan wrote:
> >
> > Due to the takeover of e-groups by Yahoo and the (apparent)
erosioin of
> > NAFEX control of terms of service and our discussion, I have
decided to
> > (attempt to) unsubscribe.
> >
> > My reply:
> >
> > What are the issues. (I don't have "net" access or I would
look. For
> > those who are curious I get my messages from a VPN that does not
allow
> > any Internet access at all). I presume the disclose our E-mails
and via
> > links to our ISP tracking number tie it to your real address via
you
> > monthly method of payment?
> >
> > TFB

> > GET INTERNET ACCESS FROM JUNO!
> > Join Juno today! For your FREE software, visit:
> > http://dl.www.juno.com/get/tagj.

eGroups is now Yahoo! Groups
Click here for more details
http://click.egroups.com/1/11231/0/_/423498/_/980953496/