nafex - [nafex] knives,raspberries,owl,yawning kiwis

  • From: "del stubbs" <pinewoodel@hotmail.com>
  • To: nafex@yahoogroups.com
  • Subject: [nafex] knives,raspberries,owl,yawning kiwis
  • Date: Wed, 31 Jan 2001 05:05:09 -0000

Grafting knives-- Thanks for all the direct response! I haven't
replied to
everyone yet, I'm processing what has been sent my way
Raspberry productivity-- there's a paragraph in this issue of Organic
Gardening (march 2001) about increasing yields on boyne and regency from 68%
to 189 % by how their trellised. It is a note of an article in HortScience,
April2000.pages 181-183. I tried hortscience.com on search and came up with
a San Francisco consulting firm, and the link for their publication I
couldn't make work. May not be the same outfit anyway....
Owl--Came in from a snowshoe and there perched regally over our
orchard was
once again, a great gray. Beautiful! We had one pretty regular till the snow
got 2 feet deep, I wonder how they get enough to eat.
And for a good laugh find a current issue of Smithsonian (Feb.2001)
if you
can. There's an article on fruit and vegatables as faces and
insects....from a cherrry ant to a grasshopper ochra to a yawning kiwi, you
wont look at fruit and vegis quite the same again.
And for those that were not quite up to the past thread on eating bugs - now
you can have your bugs and eat them to! Mn. Del