nafex - Re: [nafex] Mist Propagation Alternatives

  • From: Tom Olenio <tolenio@sentex.net>
  • To: nafex@yahoogroups.com
  • Subject: Re: [nafex] Mist Propagation Alternatives
  • Date: Wed, 31 Jan 2001 19:44:51 -0500

Hi,

Has anyone ever used an ultrasonic humidifier for raising the humidity around
cuttings?

It has been a while since I owned one, but I recall the mist they produced was
cool, water did not accumulate/settle to the floor, and they ran quite a while
on a tank of water. Did a great job of getting water into the air.

The reason I went to steam humidifiers (kids/colds) was that ultasonic seemed
to leave a powdery (mineral?) dust, in rooms where they were used (no way I am
buying bottled water for humidifiers <smile>).

Would an utralsonic humidifier do the mist propagation trick too?

Regards,
Tom