nafex - Re: [nafex] Re: chip budding

  • From: "Gordon C. Nofs" <gcnofs@hotmail.com>
  • To: nafex@yahoogroups.com
  • Subject: Re: [nafex] Re: chip budding
  • Date: Wed, 31 Jan 2001 15:50:16 -0500

I believe he also uses parafilm, do not know. The plastic is used because it
does not detereate and holds more moisture and heat when the sun comes out.
I will question him. He has e-mail, or his wife does that is.
SUN-- Got any-- been in the high 30s last three days, with cooler weather
comeing till the end of the week.
I think we should have groundhog for dinner, tired of seeing that nut on
TV.
Gordon
Am I correct, in reading Dr. Goldner's article, that he doesn't wrap his
buds with a rubber, but solely with the polyethylene?

Any benefit, in your opinion, in using Parafilm, then overwrapping with
polyethylene? Or do you think that might actually hinder callusing?

Lucky Pittman
USDA Zone 6
Hopkinsville, KY