nafex - [nafex] Re: Purple leaves, tasty fruit

  • From: "Mark Lee" <piper3@uswest.net>
  • To: nafex@egroups.com
  • Subject: [nafex] Re: Purple leaves, tasty fruit
  • Date: Thu, 18 Jan 2001 16:24:55 -0000

I found a copy of Purple Leaved Plums by Arthur Lee Jacobson, Timber
Press 1992. Here is a list of purple leaved edibles that interests
me (all survive in Seattle where I live):

Spencer Hollywood - the author's favorite purple leaved plum. dwarf
with good fruit. freestone and abundant. delicious.

Purple Pigmy - cherry sized fruit

Allred - grown for fruit, red inside and out

Trailblazer - deep red skin, amber flesh

Hollywood - good quality fruit, red inside and out

I have located sources for Allred (www.eat-it.com) and Hollywood
(www.hartmannursery.com). I am especially interested in finding the
Spencer Hollywood Purple Leaved Plum. Anyone seen this for sale?

-Mark