nafex - Re: [nafex] Purple leaves, tasty fruit

  • From: kuon@onlinemac.com
  • To: nafex@egroups.com
  • Subject: Re: [nafex] Purple leaves, tasty fruit
  • Date: Fri, 12 Jan 2001 08:43:19 -0800

Prunus x cistena is certainly very available down here in our area (south
of Portland, OR) and we have a young one that is doing quite well. No
fruit yet, if that is what you are looking for. (I thought they were
strictly ornamental and didn't provide any fruit of any consequence.) It
is only a shrub-sized plant to my understanding, VERY much deep burgundy
purple, and certainly nice to look at. I have it in the border.

Kuon Hunt
Windy Hill Farm
Carlton, OR