nafex - [nafex] Re: Online AND Print

  • From: "Christopher Mauchline" <mauch1@aol.com>
  • To: nafex@egroups.com
  • Subject: [nafex] Re: Online AND Print
  • Date: Thu, 07 Dec 2000 17:15:43 -0000

> When I first joined this list that was my first post, I was told it
was a
> condition. When I joined the board of directors I was also told
it was
> a condition.

I thought this was the case also.

>However apparently it is not being enforced.

I think currently registration is automatic (I'm not sure Greg has
the time to manually review requests for membership to the list, and
even if he did, does he have access to the membership list to be able
to do that review?)

The "protection" currently is that the list is not published in the
egroups directory. But if a NAFEX member tells someone outside the
organization about the list, I don't believe there's anything
preventing them from joining.

Greg - is what I'm saying accurate?

Chris Mauchline
SE PA, zone 6

P.S.
As to my opinion on whether non-NAFEX members should be on the list,
I am of mixed opinion, with a slight leaning towards having the list
restricted. Perhaps trial memberships to the list should be allowed -
if after 3 to 6 months on the list and you haven't joined NAFEX you
should be barred. But I believe this would put a big onus on Greg.

On the other hand, egroups (as far as I am aware) does not cost NAFEX
anything, so what's the harm in having non-NAFEX members?

eGroups eLerts
http://click.egroups.com/1/9698/0/_/423498/_/976209352/