nafex - [nafex] Patent Rights/Royalties

  • From: "Christopher Mauchline" <mauch1@aol.com>
  • To: nafex@egroups.com
  • Subject: [nafex] Patent Rights/Royalties
  • Date: Thu, 07 Dec 2000 17:00:24 -0000

Maybe this could be answered by those on this list who are in the
nursery industry (or by lawyer if there are any on this list):

Someone recently queried me if it was a patent violation if someone
exchanged scion wood that was patented if no fee was charged by the
provider of the wood. I ventured the opinion that I thought it was a
violation, but I am not a professional nursery person.

I also believe I've read that the first generation progency of
patented varieties may fall under patent protection - is this also
true?

Thanks,

Chris Mauchline
SE PA, zone 6