nafex - Re: [nafex] composting

  • From: Tom Olenio <tolenio@sentex.net>
  • To: nafex@egroups.com
  • Subject: Re: [nafex] composting
  • Date: Wed, 20 Dec 2000 11:25:25 -0500

Hi,

Moving the leaves with a front end loader is turning them. But I think you
need
to do it at least once a month to make a lot of progress and speed
decompostion.

I think if you added layers of old compost, to layers of new leaves, you would
speed up the process. This would make it into a large sandwich of sorts, with
different layers. Just save a pile of leave compost from the previous year to
use as a "starter" for the next years leaves.

You might want to make a few piles, and shift them around if you have the
space.

Wish I had that kind of space.

Regards,
Tom