nafex - Re: [nafex] composting

  • From: "Gordon C. Nofs" <gcnofs@hotmail.com>
  • To: nafex@egroups.com
  • Subject: Re: [nafex] composting
  • Date: Wed, 20 Dec 2000 10:22:37 -0500

Tom
You do not need rollers and all that to try it out. Just give the barrel a
half roll or so every day or so.
Gordon

Hi,

I am told that the fastest composters are turned daily. That involves a
large
drum container, set up on rollers, so it can be easily turned (rolled)
daily.

The drum has a door on one end for loading and emptying, and the drum is
perforated with small holes for air and water movement.

Never built one, but they are supposed to convert debris to compost the
fastest.

Often thought of using one of those 55 gallon plastic drums you see to make
one,
as it would not rust out.

This technique is supposed to reduce composting to days, versus months.

Regards,
Tom

--
Thomas Olenio