nafex - [nafex] Re: Plant shipping costs

  • From: edforest55@hotmail.com
  • To: nafex@egroups.com
  • Subject: [nafex] Re: Plant shipping costs
  • Date: Tue, 19 Dec 2000 19:37:20 -0000

Ditto what J Bunker and J Cummins said on shipping costs.
After reading the objections to combining the shipping with the
handling I did wonder, well why not, if people are suspicious about
it. But after figuring out the paperwork, which would seem simple to
change, it does create one or two more steps in each order, and these
steps add up. I also realized that for some the costs might be
slightly greater but not by much, leaving me with the more
predominant question of instead of 'why not'? rather- Why? (Why
separate the two?)
Also, UPS is much cheaper on long distance larger packages. Otherwise
I do use USPS, whichever is cheaper. USPS has gone automation crazy
by the way, and wants all businesses, no matter how small, to use
their software and keep extravagant records, and refuse to do pick
ups in convenient locations. I think the time is prime for
competition to start moving in on UPS which it is in the Midwest with
a company called Speedee, they can deliver to the four state area
here in two days, and usually overnight. They're fast, friendly,
efficient, and accomodating. I think that UPS' days are numbered if
companies like Speedee stay in the game.
Kevin B

eGroups eLerts
http://click.egroups.com/1/9698/0/_/423498/_/977254645/