nafex - RE: [nafex] Plant shipping costs (complaint)

  • From: "Erdman, Jim" <erdmanj@uwstout.edu>
  • To: "'nafex@egroups.com'" <nafex@egroups.com>
  • Cc: "'the.fluffy.bunny@juno.com'" <the.fluffy.bunny@juno.com>
  • Subject: RE: [nafex] Plant shipping costs (complaint)
  • Date: Thu, 7 Dec 2000 12:05:35 -0600

Fluffy bunny said:

>From a marketing standpoint companies often feel they can gain a
competitive advantage by advertising lower prices and recouping the price
differential on the shipping.

I guess another way to say this is many businesses use handling fees as
an intended basis of revenue.

And I try to avoid dealing with businesses that do this. I would rather pay
actual shipping costs plus a reasonable handling fee, than to have it all
wrapped into one "shipping and handling" fee, which seems underhanded to me.
I always try to do price comparisons using the total cost of the order when
I buy something and am considering having it deliverd via USPS or UPS or
other carrier.

Jim Erdman (Menomonie, WI)

eLerts
http://click.egroups.com/1/9699/0/_/423498/_/976212129/