nafex - Re: [nafex] Plant shipping costs (complaint)

  • From: fluffy bunny <the.fluffy.bunny@juno.com>
  • To: nafex@egroups.com
  • Subject: Re: [nafex] Plant shipping costs (complaint)
  • Date: Thu, 7 Dec 2000 15:23:32 -0500

Jim Erdman wrote:

And I try to avoid dealing with businesses that do this. I would rather
pay
actual shipping costs plus a reasonable handling fee, than to have it all
wrapped into one "shipping and handling" fee, which seems underhanded to
me.
I always try to do price comparisons using the total cost of the order
when
I buy something and am considering having it deliverd via USPS or UPS or
other carrier.

My reply:

I agree it is clearly underhanded. In general that is why it is done.
I believe you have th ecorrect resolution to the problem. Economically
punish companies tha tengage in such activities.

Wishing you the best,

TFB

GET INTERNET ACCESS FROM JUNO!
http://dl.www.juno.com/get/tagj.