nafex - [nafex] Plant shipping costs (complaint)

  • From: "Christopher Mauchline" <mauch1@aol.com>
  • To: nafex@egroups.com
  • Subject: [nafex] Plant shipping costs (complaint)
  • Date: Wed, 06 Dec 2000 20:21:47 -0000

I had about decided this year to buy a "Dapple Dandy" pluot this
year, until I looked at the shipping costs. Since I only wanted the
one tree, and the minimum shipping fee was $16 that put the price of
the tree (to me) to about $40. Since I have considered this
tree "experimental" here, it decided me not to get it.

Another nursery wants shipping fee of $18 per plant for 3 or less
plants (this was non-fruit plants).

I know that shipping costs (labor to package) and (shipping itself),
but its putting a heavy squeeze on my mail-order orders.

At these rate I'm going to end up shopping at K-mart. :-(

Chris Mauchline
SE PA, zone 6

eGroups eLerts
http://click.egroups.com/1/9698/0/_/423498/_/976134245/