nafex - Re: [nafex] Deer Prevention

  • From: "Lon J. Rombough" <lonrom@hevanet.com>
  • To: nafex@egroups.com
  • Subject: Re: [nafex] Deer Prevention
  • Date: Fri, 27 Oct 2000 08:54:24 -0700

Prof. Meader used monofilament fishing line. Said he put it at about one
foot to 18 inches high. The deer couldn't see it and were spooked by it
touching their legs. He said it had worked successfully to keep the deer
out of his garden for a number of years. Had to watch the stuff as it got
broken a couple of times before the deer avoided it consistently, though.
-Lon