nafex - Re: [nafex] deer prevention

  • From: "Gordon C. Nofs" <gcnofs@hotmail.com>
  • To: nafex@egroups.com
  • Subject: Re: [nafex] deer prevention
  • Date: Sat, 28 Oct 2000 17:46:40 EDT

Joyce
You have some dreat thought that added to it. makes sense.
Gordon
This is an interesting thought, Gordon.

Now, if I set a fence at a 30+-degree angle, and drop the tied on second
fence
30 degrees the other direction I can use the space as a chicken moat and
minimize weeding outside the garden propper. Add a single strand of electric
wire at the top of the fences to discourage larger climbers and a strand at
the
base of the outer fence to bug the diggers and smaller climbers. Covers
squirrels, rabbits (sorry Kevin), possums, coons, dogs, and deer. Feeds the
chickens, cuts down on weed seeds and bugs in the garden area, and doesn't
sound
too expensive or labor intensive.

One way or another, I intend to have tomatoes and fruit from my own garden
and
orchard next year. Out of 162 tomato plants this year, I got 5 cherry
tomatoes,
and none bigger than that. No apples, no peaches, no plums, and the grapes
are
too young to be doing anything.

Joyce