nafex - Re: [nafex] Deer Prevention

  • From: "Gordon C. Nofs" <gcnofs@hotmail.com>
  • To: nafex@egroups.com
  • Subject: Re: [nafex] Deer Prevention
  • Date: Thu, 26 Oct 2000 22:13:57 EDT

I believe that it was Lon that stated that the late prof. Meader used
sewing thread.
If a deer is going to be running. it will break probably 20 pound mono.
So I think that even 2 pound would be fine. The person I know, Roger Miller
of Eaton Rapids, MI. used his old 4 pound from his steelhead rod to put
around his berry patch last spring.
Gordon

I agree, I have used the double strand and string it on 4 ft "step-in"
electric posts. low strand is about 18 in and top strand is about 30in
above ground. I am using 8 lb mono just because it was on sale and at a
very good price.
Northumberland BerryWorks
707 Front Street
Northumberland, PA 17857