nafex - Re: [nafex] Weak Grape Cuttinings

  • From: Ginda Fisher <ginda@concentric.net>
  • To: nafex@egroups.com
  • Subject: Re: [nafex] Weak Grape Cuttinings
  • Date: Thu, 17 Aug 2000 17:48:13 -0400

I wonder if you tried too hard. This year, shortly before bud break, I
decided I should have trimmed back my one-year-old grape vine
(canadace). I cut off most of the vine, and just to see what happened,
cut it into ~one foot sections and stuck them in a vase on my kitchen
windowsill. They leafed out nicely, and were quite attractive for a few
months. Mid-summer, they started to look ratty, so I threw them out.
when I did so, I was surprised to see that every one of them had rooted
- I'm sure that I could have potted them up. (But didn't have anything
to do with them after that.)

I gave them nothing but water - there may have been a bit of Shultz
fertilizer in some of the water, only because I use it for my
houseplants.

Ginda Fisher
Eastern Mass. zone 6

http://click.egroups.com/1/7012/0/_/423498/_/966548847/