nafex - Re: [nafex] Weak Grape Cuttinings

  • From: "Lon J. Rombough" <lonrom@hevanet.com>
  • To: nafex@egroups.com
  • Subject: Re: [nafex] Weak Grape Cuttinings
  • Date: Mon, 14 Aug 2000 09:58:18 -0700

If they rooted, but didn't push buds, something may have damaged the buds.
If they are otherwise healthy, you almost always see shoots push eventually,
though they may come from below the soil line. Sometimes they can get heat
shocked above the soil line, then have to push from below.
-Lon
----------
>From: "Bruce & Joyce" <markie-ct@mail.ionet.net>
>To: <nafex@egroups.com>
>Subject: Re: [nafex] Weak Grape Cuttinings
>Date: Mon, Aug 14, 2000, 3:13 AM
>

>Lon,
>I have the opposite problem with my cuttings. They all put out roots, but
>almost
>no leaves have come from the plants. I hope they will come out of it, but
>wonder
>if there is much of a chance?
>
>For future efforts, should I have sealed the tops of the cuttings? I didn't
>notice any mention of it in your directions. But maybe I missed it.
>
>Joyce

Remember the good 'ol days
http://click.egroups.com/1/8012/0/_/423498/_/966272414/