nafex - Re: [nafex] Apple seed storage

  • From: Claude Jolicoeur <cjoli@gmc.ulaval.ca>
  • To: nafex@egroups.com
  • Subject: Re: [nafex] Apple seed storage
  • Date: Mon, 10 Jul 2000 16:36:54 -0400

A 15:26 00.07.10 -0700, jhecksel@voyager.net wrote:
>I intend to grow some Liberty X Dolgo seedlings next year. Does anybody
>have any pointers regarding storage of seeds? (Side note: I am getting
>interested in hard cider and want to create some easy-to-grow
>bittersharp cultivars)

This is a very interesting project... I hope you keep us informed if this
cross produces good cider varieties.

For seed storage, I would assume that observation of nature would be a good
start: seeds freeze during winter and sprout at spring - why not keep them
in the freezer?

I have no information on "September Red", but there is a prairie apple
called "September Ruby" : Rescue x Haralson, introduced in 1986, from
Alberta. Very hardy. I haven't tried it yet.

Claude Jolicoeur, Quebec (zone 4).

Need a credit card?
Instant Approval and 0% intro APR with Aria!
http://click.egroups.com/1/6034/0/_/423498/_/963261587/