nafex - [nafex] Re: Moving An Apple Tree

  • From: edforest55@hotmail.com
  • To: nafex@egroups.com
  • Subject: [nafex] Re: Moving An Apple Tree
  • Date: Sun, 09 Jul 2000 13:45:59 -0000

Tom
Unfortunately, September is the absolute worst time to move a tree,
in my opinion, this is just the time that it is putting its sugars
down towards the roots, if I understand the process correctly. It
needs water to do this, but transplanting it will nearly cut off all
water, the leaves will dry out; the flow of sugar to the roots will
be cut off. The roots need the sugar to start growth the next year.
However, if you can wait till the tree goes dormant, in November or
December, that's usually if not always, the very best time to
transplant an apple tree. Good luck, hope you can save it.
Kevin B

Make your old place like new... Win A Guy!
http://click.egroups.com/1/6294/0/_/423498/_/963150739/