msar-riders - [MSAR] MSAR in Ohio

msar-riders@lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Mounted search and rescue

  • From: Una Smith <una.smith@att.net>
  • To: Mounted search and rescue <msar-riders@lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: [MSAR] MSAR in Ohio
  • Date: Sat, 23 May 2009 14:41:33 -0600

Lis in Ohio wrote:
>We are learning as we go since there is, I believe, no state standards
>here in Ohio. I am very glad I found this group to learn from.

Hi Lisa,

That is what MSAR-Riders is for. I am glad it is working for you.

There are numerous MSAR units in Ohio,[1] and members of some of
them have been active on MSAR-Riders at various times. Lisa, now
that you have de-lurked, you might be contacted by some of them
and feel less isolated. You can also search our web archive for
"Ohio".[2]

I have run across some mentions of mounted training offered by the
Buckeye State Sheriffs' Association, but my e-mail queries to the
have not been answered. If you look into what they have to offer,
please report back to us on whatever you find out.

Hope this helps,

[1] http://www.ibiblio.org/msar/units/#Ohio
[2] http://www.ibiblio.org/msar/msar-riders.html