msar-riders - Re: [MSAR] SAR ends with body found in Georgia

msar-riders@lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Mounted search and rescue

  • From: Pennbo's <pennbo@verizon.net>
  • To: Mounted search and rescue <msar-riders@lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [MSAR] SAR ends with body found in Georgia
  • Date: Thu, 15 Nov 2007 19:27:34 -0800

I'd say that no, finding the body of a deceased person is NOT the only thing that matters. Learning from the experience, and improving our search techniques, so that we increase our chances of finding persons who are still breathing is extremely important. If we do not learn from our experiences and mistakes we are doomed to repeat them forever. Debriefing is done for a purpose- so that we can move forward learning and improving.

Chris Pennington